Saturday, March 15, 2008

Introducing Lily Rosenberry

The last post brought you "La Diva" -- the 2007 raffle quilt that my guild made. This post brings you the next raffle quilt that my guild made, "Lily Rosenberry." I designed the quilt for the guild and then a dozen gals got together and mass-produced stems and over a thousand berries. That made the applique task much easy for each of the quilters who received a block to make. Within weeks, the quilt was assembled. Denise Green once again did a jaw-dropping job of quilting the quilt. I really wish I could buy up all the raffle tickets; I would love to own this quilt! Instead, I am busy making my own set of a thousand berries -- but my quilt is going to have pink flowers and soft green leaves set on a chocolate background. I can't wait to finish it!

Lily Rosenberry

This quilt is based on a traditional block, but it is set with an unusal swag border. Its name is no secret: the quilt is full of lilies, roses, and berries!

Happy stitching -
Sue

(c)2007-2008 Susan H. Garman


9 comments:

  1. Oh my! This one is even prettier! I would buy a ticket too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love the pattern and a few tickets.. you can email me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh MY I LOVE this quilt
    ok please tell me you sell the pattern for this one!
    it is just beautiful...
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  4. this quilt just took my breath away...I so hope it will be a pattern that you will publish!....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue,Thank you for introducing me to Lily Rosenberry. She is a lovely quilt. I, too, would like notification if there is ever going to be a pattern made available for purchase.

    Thanks,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue, thank you for introducing me to Lily Rosenberry. She is a lovely quilt. I, too, would like notification if there is to be a pattern available for purchase.

    Thanks,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is just beutiful. I just love it !

    http://www.liv-nora.no/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the pattern.. the mailing was very quick!! Now I can't wait to start mine!!Thanks again.. can't wait to see what else you develope!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi everyone --
    The pattern for Lily Rosenberry is available from Quakertown Quilts (www.quakertownquilts.com).
    Thanks for asking!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete